Monthly Distributor Chef Highlight: Chef Abdellah Tougda
Updated: Nov 22, 2022
Introducing Chef Abdellah Tougda, one of our Pâtissier Chocolate's newest additions to the chef team.
Social media: @abdellah.tougda
What was your background and journey of growth?
I'm Abdellah, and I'm a pastry chef with Pâtissier by Aalst Chocolate. I am dedicated to providing sustenance for our customers, and I give solutions to our clients.
My experience includes menu development, staff training, and special meals for airline, restaurant, hypermarket, and hotel customers. I am inspired by nature and what comes every day when I visit the market—seeing and touching different ingredients. With honesty, dedication, enthusiasm, and discipline these are the real tools for success. I use them with total commitment.
I firmly believe that training is important for any profession and any field; my diploma and experience in all across-the-board enhance my skills specialize and growth.
PAST EVENT WITH PÂTISSIER CHOCOLATE
Food and Hotel Asia 2022 (FHA F&B 2022), Singapore, September 2022
Food & Hospitality Oman 2022, Oman, September 2022
Commercial Training and product tasting presentation for customers and partners of Bakers’ Point By Alyasra, Kuwait, September 2022
Chocolate Demonstration in Bakemate, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia in collaboration with our distributor Ahmad A. Abed, November 2022
Thoughts on using Pâtissier Chocolate as an ingredient?
The Pâtissier Chocolate is a wide range of products - each one is unique, and it has its special aroma and characters. We give you the ability to perfume your preparation as you imagine it.
Recipe 1: Brioche Burger
Dry Yeast 7g
Eggs 4 pcs +1 for wash
Toasted Sesame As Desired
1. Put the flour in a bowl with a dough hook.
2. Add the salt sugar to the other in other side.
3. Pour in the yeast to the side with the sugar then mix it all together with the dough hook. 4. Warm the milk. Mix into the flour mix until combined.
5. Gradually add the softened butter, until combined. Around 5-8 mins. Scrape down the sides, the dough will be very soft.
6. Scrape the dough into a large bowl, cover and leave for 1 hour 30 mins- 2 hours until doubled in size and well-risen. Once risen, put in the fridge for 1 hr.
7. Then portion to equal pcs keep for fermentation then brush with eggs (beaten) and add the sesame and bake at 180°C for 12 minutes till golden brown and well bake.
Dark Brown Sugar 400g
Pâtissier Chocolate Artisan Dark 61% Couverture 800g
1. In a double boil, add the chocolate then add the butter to melt.
2. Whisk the sugar with eggs and add the first mix fold in flour.
3. Bake in cylinder of 9 cm round shape for 12 minutes at 160°C.
Cream Cheese Spreading White Chocolate 32%
Cream Cheese 100g
Pâtissier Chocolate Artisan White 32% Couverture 100g
1. Boil the milk add into the chocolate.
2. Mix the butter until soften and add the cream cheese then fold with first mix.
Apple Mint Jelly
Granny Smith Apples - sliced (with skin and core) 500g
Apple juice 500ml
Fresh Lemon Juice 1 spoon
Bunch of Mints 250g
Green Food Colouring 1 drop
1. Blend all with hand blender and keep overnight to infuse well
2. Boil and add the colouring and gelatin before pouring into insert cut like lettuce shape then keep aside.
Recipe 2: Garden Green
Green Tea Moist Cake
Egg Whites 260g
Egg Yolks 250g
Green Tea Powder 20g
1. Combine all dry ingredient well. Make a meringue with the egg whites and sugar and fold in the first mix.
2. Add the egg yolks and mix well till all combined before adding the melted butter. Spread in trays with paper
3. Bake at 160°C for 15 minutes depending on the thickness and oven.
Black Sesame Sable
Black Sesame Powder 200g
1. With Sablage method, mix the flour and black sesame to the butter. Add the sugar and then the eggs afterwards. Combine and keep in chiller to rest overnight.
2. Roll out and cut the required shape. Bake at 170°C between to silpat sheet for around 24 minutes depending on the thickness and oven.
Coconut Cream 100g
Lime Juice 10g
Whipped Cream 180g
Pâtissier Chocolate Artisan White 32% Couverture 105g
1. Boil the cream and coconut cream before adding the lime juice. Pour over Pâtissier Chocolate Artisan White 32% Couverture.
2. Fold in the whipped cream.
Citron Puree 400g
Pâtissier Chocolate Artisan Milk 40% Couverture 300g
1. Boil the citron puree and pour over Pâtissier Chocolate Artisan Milk 40% Couverture.
2. Blend with butter and keep aside (covered).
Pâtissier Chocolate Artisan White 32% Couverture 300g
Pâtissier Chocolate Artisan Cyan Green Coloured Cocoa Butter 200g
1. Melt Pâtissier Chocolate Artisan White 32% Couverture and add Pâtissier Chocolate Artisan Cyan Green Coloured Cocoa Butter. Spray the cake while frozen.